“Nacho” average nachos! These sheet pan Italian style nachos are perfect for your next game day or easy weeknight meal. Simple to make and irresistible to eat. Wait until you dip that cheesy mozzarella chip into the easy homemade tomato dipping sauce. Yum!
These Italian nachos will become a new favorite. I call this the easiest meal for a busy night. You can add almost any of your favorite foods to a pan of chips and have a meal that needs no utensils! I call that a WIN! I use two cheeses, mozzarella and parmigiano to give it a nice balance of mild and slightly more flavorful cheese.
When my son was learning how to talk he said, “Machos” for the word nacho. It’s always stuck in our family and no matter what style of nachos we are making they are always Macho Nachos! Packed with big flavor and lots of amore! Mangia! Mangia!
Kicked up Italian style nachos
Packed with cheese, Italian pepperoncini peppers, black olives, and tomatoes you won’t miss traditional nachos after having these. The secret to these is easy tomato dipping sauce. You actually just heat it in the microwave! Yes, it does the trick for giving these nachos a sweet and delicious Italian flavor.
Topping ideas for Italian Nachos
The possibilities for nacho toppings are endless. This recipe keeps it very simple and vegetarian. Here are some additional topping ideas:
- Shredded chicken or beef
- Burrata cheese
- Roasted bell peppers
- Green onions
How to serve Italian Nachos
You can serve these right on the sheet pan or put them on a pretty platter. Either way, they will be a fast favorite appetizer for any game day or gathering with friends.
More Easy and Delicious Recipes for you
No Fuss Fusilli with Zucchini Recipe It is raining fresh summertime zucchini right now and this simple recipe is calling…
Vegetarian Piccata Recipe- Easy 20 Minute Meal All the flavors you love in a “piccata” recipe with a vegetarian twist!…
Are You Ready for These ADDICTING LEMON BARS? These are the best lemon bars featuring an easy shortbread crust and thick layer…
From my Cucina to Your Table. Mangia! Mangia! (Eat!)
Made with Amore, ElenaPrint
“Nacho” average nachos! These sheet pan Italian style nachos are perfect for your next game day or easy weeknight meal. Simple to make and irresistible to eat. Wait until you dip that cheesy mozzarella chip into the easy homemade tomato dipping sauce. Yum! Mangia! (Eat!)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmigiano cheese
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced or canned diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup whole green olives
- 1/4 cup sliced pepperoncini peppers
- 4 cups nacho or tortilla chips
Tomato Dipping Sauce:
- 1 can (14 oz, 400 g) crushed tomatoes
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1/4 tsp dried onion
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- pinch of salt
- Make the tomato sauce. Place all the tomato sauce ingredients in a microwave safe bowl. Mix to combine. place a paper towel or microwave safe lid loosely over the top and microwave on medium high for 3-4 minutes. Stir and repeat for another 3-4 minutes until sauce is thickened and hot. Place in a serving bowl and use as a dip for the nachos.
- Preheat broiler to medium high heat. On a sheet pan, layer chips in a single layer. Layer mozzarella cheese, sliced tomatoes, parmigiano cheese, black olives.
- Place under broiler for 5 minutes until cheese is melted and slightly browned. Garnish with fresh green olives and peppers. Mangia! (Eat)
Keywords: nachos, cheese, easy meal, easy recipe, olives, tomatoes