A Chicken Dinner that Brings your People to the Table…
EASY AND DELICIOUS breaded pan fried chicken recipe. Italian style breaded chicken breast that remains tender and juicy with a crispy exterior. Served with a squeeze of lemon and simple salad to create the perfect meal. A recipe you will make again and again! Add this to your weekly rotation ASAP.
How to make the Perfect Breaded Pan Fried Chicken
- Pat chicken breasts dry with a paper towel. Make sure the chicken breast pieces are dry before starting!
- Coat chicken breasts with flour or cornstarch and shake off any excess.
- Dip chicken breasts in beaten egg
- Coat chicken breasts with bread crumbs
- DO NOT overcrowd the pan when frying the chicken
- DO cook low and slow to get a juicy interior after the initial browning of the crust
- DO use olive oil and butter to fry the chicken to achieve the perfect crispy crust
Pans I recommend (I own both):
Why Does the Coating Fall off My Pan Fried Chicken?
Sometimes the coating falls off the fried chicken because the wet egg prohibits the binding function that the bread crumbs and egg coating add to the chicken. After breading the chicken, lay it on a cookie sheet in a single layer and let it sit uncovered (do not wrap) at room temperature for 30 minutes. Do not refrigerate. This is a step I often skip if I am in a hurry and generally don’t have a problem of it sticking. IF you encounter this problem you can try this method!
Chicken Recipe that Feeds a Crowd
This is a recipe I grew up eating in Italy and in America. I remember my Nonna Laura bringing out large platters of these pan fried breaded chicken breasts to the table. She always served them with lemon, a green salad, and of course lots of BREAD spread across the table in true Italian fashion. One by one they would disappear as hands reached across the table to stab a piece with a fork and carry it to their plate. I love mine with extra lemon and a sprinkle of sea salt. The taste is satisfying and filling.
Mangia! Mangia! (Eat!)
I hope you share this classic Italian recipe with your family and friends soon!
Made with Amore,
More Delicious Recipes for YOUPrint
EASY AND DELICIOUS pan fried chicken recipe. Italian style breaded chicken breast that remains tender and juicy with a crispy exterior. A recipe you will make again and again! Serve with a salad and it’s a perfect meal.
- 4 chicken breasts (about 5–7 oz each breast)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 eggs, very well beaten
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour + 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 Cup breadcrumbs
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 lemon cut in slices for garnish
- In three separate shallow bowls place the beaten eggs, flour and cornstarch, and bread crumbs. Dry the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Dip the chicken in the flour and set aside on a separate plate. Then, one by one, dip the chicken breasts in the egg and lastly, the bread crumbs. If you want a thicker coating you may repeat the egg and bread crumb mixture again. This will give a thicker crust. OPTIONAL: Before cooking let chicken sit for 30 minutes, on a plate, to dry and let crust mixture harden a bit.
- Heat large skillet (make sure the skillet is large enough to fit the four chicken breasts without them overlapping) on medium high heat. Add olive oil and butter. Brown chicken for 4-5 minutes on each side. DO NOT turn or touch the chicken in between turning. after browned on both sides turn heat to medium- low. Cook an addition 5 minutes until the chicken is cooked all the way through reaching an internal temperature of 160 degrees F. Take of heat and let it rest for 10 minutes before serving. The internal temperature will then rise an extra 5 degrees F reaching a final temp of 165 degrees F.
- Enjoy with a squeeze of lemon and an extra sprinkle of kosher salt and fresh ground pepper if desired.
This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled
Keywords: chicken, chicken dinner, salad, easy dinner, fried chicken, pan fried chicken, skillet chicken, dinner tonight, main meal, chicken recipe